Preparing your moving quote
- We will do free onsite estimates on larger jobs, this is assessed on an individual basis. Filling out the quote form is an excellent basis to start with, and bookings are tracked this way more accurately. The questions on the online moving form are exactly what appears on your final invoice
- We identify what concerns or worries you most about your move and list all the items
you need to move. In the details section, any special items or concerns are noted, so there are no surprises
- We will list any items we will be packing, wardrobe boxes are supplied for free rental on moving day. Moves that we will be providing packing services for will usually require a free on site estimate
Organizing on arrival
- Typically runners are for high traffic spots and stairs when loading, most homes get cleaned after moving out
- We do a quick, walk through the house to survey everything in the home
- Whenever possible, the main floor is immediately emptied. This creates space and a staging area for stacking other items to be brought out on wheels. The idea is to take as much as possible in 1 trip, thus reducing the number of trips to the truck and saving you time and therefore money
- Most furniture items are padded, unless not necessary as there are enough boxes to work with.
- On furniture only moves, almost every piece needs to be padded. Keep in mind a few larger boxes left behind can give us more to work with and can actually save money
Destination / Unloading
- 98% of local Edmonton moves are completed the same day. The only reason not to is if an elevator window is easier to time by doing a morning unload.
- runners are used throughout the new home as well as door frame / handrail pads if needed
- Unloading goes FAST. We need only your trust for loading, which we will have by this point but plan on being busy on the unload. We will know where most of it goes, but standing there with a box waiting takes as long as getting more boxes.
The essentials for a great move
No matter who you move with or if you decide to do it yourself points to consider are;
- Owner / operators have overhead (better rates) than other Edmonton movers and a direct investment in you being happy with our service
- The risk to your belongings or damage deposit can easily outweigh what you would save if you did it yourself
- Do it yourself trucks come poorly equipped and do not have any good rails to tie your items off with, risk of damage is not only higher but very likely.
- When you see how fast and efficient this process can be done and weigh the cost against your total investment our service is a bargain, considering the amount of actual work you don't have to worry about
Moving is all we do and focus on
Thank you for visiting my site I hope to hear from you:)